When the snow begins to fall in late November, our memories bring us back to those special holiday traditions our parents and grandparents started for us as children. Now as parents we carry on those traditions and perhaps create some new ones with our own children.
What will you be doing to capture those precious memories?
Here are some great traditions our momstown London mamas have recently started:
1) Make Disney a winter tradition, and if the budget doesn't allow a trip to Florida or California, catch your favourite characters at Budweiser Gardens every January!
Better yet….Let us give your family tickets to the show:
Enter the contest here: http://london.momstown.ca/contest/win-tickets-see-disney-live
2) Christmas Eve Boxes to be opened on December 24th with a special book and warm and cozy Christmas jammies!
3) Elf on the Shelf– I'm sure you've heard about the Elf on the Shelf, and some mamas are saying it's never too early to start getting baby aquainted.
4) Walking/Driving around local neighbourhoods after dark to see the Christmas lights! (And leaving a thank you note to your neighbours for going to the trouble!)
5) Holiday breakfasts with old friends and new. Instead of getting together with family friends for a holiday dinner, arrange a weekend breakfast to celebrate the season, OR if you've made a new mom friend this year, why not meet mid-week for a festive breakfast while babes play.
6) Saving money! Now here's a tradition everyone will love! Now that babe is in the family, priorities have changed (including financial ones). You can still buy incredible toys that are fun and educational and by using coupons when an item is already on sale, you can SAVE a lot! Here are some great Fisher Price toys that are popular this holiday season, and have been on sale at some of Canada's largest retailers including Walmart, Target and Toys R Us! Don't forget to do your research before hitting the shops. The payout can be huge!
We hope that your holiday season is filled with the most amazing mommy moments, and that whether it's your baby's first Christmas or 17th Christmas that your heart is full, your spirit merry and your coffee hot.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!